paulo is here

Thursday 23 July 2009

JUST WATCHING THE WORLD GO …

Lying down on the Finca Tatin pier, just watching the world go by. The sun is out, the emerald green river is tranquil and its waters are at the right temperature.

There are lots of people around me on the wooden platform and in the water. Last time I looked at the clock, it marked 16:00 so it’s sometime after 4...

Enzo, the youngest kid is showing off on the swing rope.

I’m just watching the world go by.

Earlier on, Carlos came with a boat full of supplies so I helped out carrying the stuff to the kitchen and to the storage area. It has been a very slow day so carrying goods makes me believe that I’ve worked for my food already. And...I’m just watching the world go by.

A couple of indigenous girls paddle past us on their small cannons. I’ve yet to paddle my way to anyville on one of them precarious things. The girls wave and smile flashing their front gold teeth, as they go by.

There’s an oversized American lady resting on her floating tube with her eyes hypnotized on her hardcover novel oblivious to the beautiful nature surrounding us. I love the inner peace feeling of not having to do anything. Not having to be anywhere in particular, I’m just here,…just watching the world go by.

Gaby runs past towards the house on the left, looking for Carlos, I imagine. She is a hell of a responsible worker and Carlos must be proud to have her on the team and on his bed too. Her look says that she is longing for a chilled beer or even two. Maybe later on tonight?

My eyes are fixed on this gorgeous Australian girl on a rainbow hammock. She’s wearing a skimpy bikini, and earlier on I noticed a tattoo on her shoulder blade. A simple but perfect circle. She dozes off, regains consciousness, and dozes off again. Next to her there’s a towel and a coconut with some bits removed, I’m sure she’s been picking it with her nails. When she opens her eyes, I noticed some sadness, maybe due to the coconut? I say: “Would you like me to get someone to crack open that coconut?” She nodded in agreement and soon a Finca worker came over with a sharp machete.

Some guests arrive on a taxi boat from Livingston, I get up to welcome them but Chris says bigheartedly “Don’t worry Paulo, you stay there. I’ll check them in. Just continue on watching the world go by.”

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

3 comments:

  1. oh my, best post i've read.

    well done

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, keep the posts coming. Enjoying your journey and blog very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ryan. I’m trying to showing my story rather than telling the facts. Piece of piss? NOT! I’m still a long way b4 I can describe the texture of a picnic table.

    Thanks for the constant support Daniel. If you lot keep commenting, I’ll keep post-ing! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete