paulo is here

Sunday 21 June 2009

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS!

Sunday morning, my 3rd day in Calcutta, Belize. I look out the window and see no one but the tropical rain pouring down with no sign of stopping.

Recapping the last 3 days:

On Friday, I left Playa del Carmen, got to Chetumal, met a Belizean dude that generously offered me his home in Cayo’s district, crossed the border with Roberto, my Belizean CouchSurfing host and had to make a bribe donation to the Mexican guards because my passport had no date-of-entry in Mexico. Drove past some small but gorgeous little villages in Belize with colourful wooden houses, a greener than life bay, an infinity of tropical tree & plants and lost the battle against mosquitoes. Finished the day having some beers with Roberto’s friends, experienced live the Creole lingo and illegal Chinese restaurants.

Saturday, woke up late and crossed the road to greet Robert on his Internet Shop then slowly marched towards Corozal’s Bay. Roberto educated on how to recognise taxi cars (hint: they don’t have the taxi light or sign on top of the car! You recognise a taxi by its green license plates) but I decided to walk instead. Arriving at the bay, Rosa, an elderly Belizean man (Rosa is also a guy’s name!), offered to take me up river on his boat to check out the sights. His asking price was very reasonable so I pencil it in for Sunday (today). Walking further saw John, Roberto’s mate, driving past on a pickup truck. Hopped on his vehicle and drove around the bay for about 30 minutes seeing the beautiful sights, listening to Caribbean music and whistling to pretty girls. John told me that he drives around all day delivering gas tanks to people’s homes, meeting new people and talking with girls. BTW, if you haven’t noticed, John LOVES his job. Anyone wants an office job? Uh? John had to return to his base so he dropped me off just by the bay and I continued my walk, this time towards Roberto’s house. When I got back to the house, I was absolutely tired so had a refreshing shower and just chilled with Roberto watching TV movies and sipping green tea. At 10 pm, ate a scrumptious salad then went to bed. It was a long day.

Sunday, 9:45 am. Don’t know when it stated pissing down but it was early as. Roberto reckons that no boat will go up river on this rain so no Rosa’s boat tour for me.

It’s now 10:30 am and I look out the window, the rain still pours down with no sign of stopping.

YESTERDAY’S PHOTOS!

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment