paulo is here

Wednesday 3 June 2009

DUTCH BANKS

Due to the time differences, at 5 am left the house and went to the 24 hours Cyber Café and called my Dutch Bank. Was told that they had two options:

  • post me the bankcard to Mexico but it would take a few weeks as they don’t use courier services.
  • an alternative would be to post the card to a friend’s address in the Netherlands and then use DHL, Fedex or any other emergency Courier services to forward it to me.

Either way, I would have to express my requests in a letter addressed to the bank.

I called my co-worker and friend Martin and asked if I could use his Dutch address. He agreed so I went home, typed the letter, back to the Cyber, printed it and walked down to Fedex’s office located on 1Oth Av with 12th Street.

Paid 500 Pesos and was told that it would arrive in Amsterdam by Monday 8th or Tuesday 8th June, the latest.

The Bank will then validate my request and post the replacement card to Martin’s address.

If everything works out fine and there are no further delays, I’ll have my bankcard on the week commencing on the 15th June.

Went to the beach and relaxed for a couple hours then stopped at Burger King, had a drink and piggybacked BK’s WiFi connection.

I started thinking about the meaning of the robbery when it hit me:

I should be going to Belize today!

I did my Reiki Course, had my Akashic Records read to me, completed my PADI Open Water Diver and managed to enter Xcaret Park for free, so all my goals in Playa del Carmen were met, right?

Wrong, as the Argentinean Paola stressed: “You can’t leave Playa without completing your mission here!”

My guess is I got robbed so it forces me to remain in Playa longer (or at least, until my bank card arrives).

My mission is not completed, I must stay longer.

While doing all this thinking, who do I see walking past? Good old Jericho Sunfire, the raw food guru!

I had the impression that he would be back in the UK by now.

Well, I deduce that both of us have unfinished matters in Playa del Carmen.

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

3 comments:

  1. Bueno...yo de ingles , por desgracia no se practicamente nada...voy a buscar las traducciones en google...por lo que me resulta mucho mas interesante lo que tiens escrito en castellano...
    Me gusta mucho lo que has puesto.
    vengo " recomendado" por
    first_world_rat del fotolog.

    Como veras yo tambien tengo un blog, aunque lo tengo bastante descuidado, la verdad...

    Un abrazo muy grande ¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honored to be part of the yet unconcluded mission of yours in Playa del Carmen. Now I have a mission too.

    "first_world_rat" del fotolog soy yo, aviso por si las 'deudas'.
    :D

    Abrazo.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bienvenido Joaki a mi humilde rinconcito!

    Los amigos de mis amigos…..

    La idea sería escribir todas los posts en inglés y castellano pero la verdad es un idioma ya me quita mucho tiempo, imagina 2.

    Ha sido por eso que he decidido escribir un día en el idioma de Shakespeare y el siguiente en el de Cervantes.

    Y lo de descuidarse con el blog, se nos pasa a todos!

    Tuvo más de un mes que no escribí na de na, pero ahora le estoy dedicando una media hora diariamente.

    Ciao 4 now

    ~ Paulo ~

    ReplyDelete