paulo is here

Thursday 11 June 2009

IKEA BAG

As you all know, I'm waiting for my Bankcard from the Netherlands so I'm taking it easy and not doing much or spending many Pesos either.

8th June, Monday morning, checked the FedEx tracking webpage and noticed that the package was delivered to my Dutch bank at 10am (Amsterdam local time) so tried calling them but no luck. Then I realised that Dutch banks do not open until 1pm on Mondays. Long weekend anyone?

Then, I went to have a walk on the beach followed by a afternoon movie round a friends house. Ended up watching a bad chick-flick than should remain unnamed.
I've started reading a really good book called Aztec by Gary Jennings. I was into the 2nd page when I realised: "I'm hooked, this is a fab book!"

Tuesday, was unsuccessfully in calling my Dutch bank, so asked my mate Martin to try it for me. He couldn't get through as well, but proactively emailed them instead (Great to have buddies working in Service desks). We got a promptly reply confirming that my FedEx letter arrived in good order and a new replacement bankcard was ordered. Martin is on standby and as soon as the card arrives he will ship it to Mexico.

My friend Ivone asked my help with the laundry as she had lots and lots of clothes to wash. No kidding, it was such a heavy load. She gave me part of the load in a giant blue Ikea bag. I asked it there were any Ikea stores in Mexico and she told me that the bag belonged to some French girl, so it figures!

BTW, with all this chores, I feel like I live here already, Ah!

Whilst the wash machines were doing their thing (i.e., spinning!) I helped out the shop attendant with her netbook (as we had the same model: Acer Aspire One). Got back and saw Conny & Martin preparing a nice and healthy salad (they'd been to the Supermarket and bought lots of goodies). Using my trusted recipe, they chopped it all up and seasoned it wonderfully.

Jaime and Quique arrived at the house, I suppose smelling the delicious salad (the cool thing about this place is that there's always lots of people coming and goin!), so we all sat down and munched away the scrumptious treat.

Jaime, Martin and Conny are supposed to move flats today, but not very far, actually, same building, just a different floor. On the end, it didn't happen today as the painters only finished their job around 10pm. Perhaps tomorrow hey?

Today, 10th June, Wednesday, got a email from Martin reporting that no post arrived yet from the bank. Hmmm lets wait another day.

Went to exchange some Euros on the 5th Avenue and got a great deal on the exchange rate (18.11 Pesos to 1 Euro), then walked past a kebab shop, it smelled so nice that I decided to have one (well I haven't had any cooked food or meat in two weeks so I deserve a little treat!). I enjoyed it thoroughly, I might add!

Went back to the house and Jaime was spinning the decks to some trance music. About 8 pm we started the move. We had to take everything, and I mean everything, fridge and cutlery included.

The new crib is a tad smaller (but a lot cheaper) with two bedrooms, one of them has a nice round shape (my Spanish round bed would fit here so nicely.), a spacious living room, only one toilet and a tiny balcony (these guys will miss the terrace parties).

Jaime was very proud of his room because it had a couple of hammock hooks and a door with a keylock!! Hip hip hurray!

Finished the night toasting with some kalimocho mix (red wine and coca-cola).

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment