paulo is here

Saturday 13 June 2009

PARTY WINS!

4pm Saturday, chilling out at the house, outside hot as hell.

This morning woke up and noticed that this tall and skinny dude called Lalo slept at the house, so we chatted over breakfast.

Originally from Durango, Lalo works in the ever so difficult Timesharing business with Martin. Like a lot of young and intelligent Mexicans, he’s got great business ideas but no capital.

The conversation took a turn towards WWOOFing, something that I’ve also looked into as a possibility for my journey. It stands for World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms or Willing Workers on Organic Farms, and as the name might imply they don’t get support for the big multinational corporate so they manage to survive with the help of volunteers.

As it turns out, Lalo’s impossibility of finding a paid job, forced him into considering WWOOF’s path. He gave me the local WWOOF’s contact, so I’ve texted them asking if we could visit the place.

We had some goodies at the house so we prepared some delicious pasta with a tomato sauce, then they both went to work. I feel like a housewife!

15 minutes ago, Flavio, our next door neighbours, asked if I fancy going to a pool party with free drinks.

I thought, hmmm got my Temaskal sauna booked for 6pm, if I go to the party I’ll miss it so....

Party wins!

 

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

1 comment:

  1. By the way the Pasta was really good I'll be making some more of "esa madre" later jejejeje

    ReplyDelete