paulo is here

Thursday 11 June 2009

LANDLADIES

Been in Playa de Carmen for exactly 22 days. That differs slightly from my original plan to spend 2 nights in this place. Nevertheless, my stay in Playa has been nothing short of amazing. I know that when I leave I will miss this place.

Talking of which, my stay is nearly ending as my buddy Martin confirmed that my bankcard arrived at his home in Amsterdam.

Next step is to ship it to Mexico via courier like DHL or FedEx. That should happen tomorrow morning, so I expect to receive it by next Tuesday or Wednesday.

I’m gonna tentatively say that my departure will take place on the 18th or the 19th June.

Ain’t I the slowest traveller yet??

Last night we moved flats but after a few hours carrying boxes and furniture, we gave up and decided to finish up today. We spent one night at the new flat and woke up about 8am because of the traffic noise. The other place was a lot quieter.

As we were up, Martin and I went to the nearest supermarket Chedraui and bought some stuff for our breakfast.

Stayed at the house, chilling, dozing off and reading a novel, not in that particular order.

When Jaime arrived, both of us went to the old flat (less than 24 have passed and we’re already calling it “old flat”) and brought the remaining stuff like the fridge, some pots and pans, etc. When we were carrying out the last boxes, the painters arrived so I guess our timing was dead on.

We were just resting from our arduous task, when Laura, the landlady brought us a plate of warm food. She said that she cooked some Venezuelan dish for the painters and she wanted us to have some.

She is indeed the greatest landlady ever.

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment