paulo is here

Wednesday 20 May 2009

XCACEL

Tired and ready for a siesta!

My CouchSurfing host is at work so I’m house-sitting her flat on her absence.

I had several options in regards to accommodation in Playa del Carmen as nearly everyone responded positively to my Couch requests. Last night I decided to stay with Ariadne (gotta ask her what her name means) after a swift MSN chat.

I just hope all the other CS’s don’t get too upset with my choice.

Sorry chicos!

So, woke up this morning at 7am, said good bye to Antonio, who has become an unlikely close buddy for the last 3 weeks, got the city bus to the ADO Bus Station and hopped on the ADO bus to Playa (38 Pesos).

Arrived at my destination at 10:15 and shortly afterwards heard someone shout “Paulo!”. My hosts were here. Ariadne came to pick me up with Jaime, another CS that incidentally had agreed to host me as well.

The three of us talked shop on the way to Ariadne’s flat, and it turns out that Jaime is her front door neighbour. Jaime did mention the fact about the CS requests but no big fuss.

He let me know that he was going to Tulum’s beach in a few minutes with some mates. I invited myself and after a quick change of attire, we were out of the house towards Tulum. Ariadne couldn’t join us as she had to work this afternoon.

Nevertheless, from a small group we quickly turned into a Party of Six!

Once in the minivan (after a couple of stops at the nearest convenience store Oxxo), I asked the driver about Xcacel’s Beach and democratically we voted to go there instead of Tulum.

About 20 minutes (and 21 Pesos each) we arrived at our destination for the day.

The girls went to the toilets to get changed whilst I played with a huge angry Iguana (see photos).

The beach was empty and it was such a beautiful sight.

The rest of the afternoon was spent on taking underwater photos and drinking Sol beer in the water.

Around 4 pm we all unanimous decided to get back in order to have some food.

Another minivan ride into Playa del Carmen and a fare discussion with the driver (he wanted to charge us a different price) we sat at this restaurant and had some delicious tacos and steak rolls with all the toppings.

Back at the house, with our stomachs full, we chilled out for a bit and exchanged some cool Youtube videos:

Time for that siesta!

PHOTOS OF THE DAY

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment