paulo is here

Tuesday 8 September 2009

POSITIVE NEWS

...I want to send a positive message to this world, I want to help people to be happier. I consider myself someone that always look up to seek that dream, a free spirit that wants to make a change in this world, I want to make a contribution to this society and help to spread the positive vibe…

I was reading a forum thread in the Couchsurfing.org page about News Channels, not your typical channel that focus on all that’s wrong around the world - violence & crime, war & death, disasters & wreckages - but instead a Positive News Channel.

“...A news channel with all the good news in this world, something that can cheer you up when your down, something that can give you a big smile in your face, and make you feel that you can do positive stuff and be someone with a really good vibe, that could help to make this world a better place, just with a positive attitude...”

This dude from Peru came up with the idea, and has caused quite a reaction.

“…I was reading your post and all your ideas are amazing, i wish I could be part of it…”

“…i have a feeling you can actually pull this off! keep your eyes on the prize! if you need a south african correspondent, count me in! i am a professional documentary filmmaker. i also choose projects for their positive vibes. ;) lets spread the word...”

“…Positive news is something that has been on my mind also and actually guite long time, so far havent find time for that, yet. However, I do believe that it may have a nice snowball effect if done right...”

“…there is A LOT of POSITIVE things happening in the world all the time, everywhere, even at this very moment when you read this that is worth to comment: Somewhere in China 100 years old man and 101 years old woman gets married, 5 generations are witnessing. 7 years old boy in Spain does paintings that artworld ranks higher than most masters ever did, including Leonardo Da Vinci... Somewhere in Finland a man is sleeping in a house that is on fire, but a dog takes part of saving the life of its owner by waking up the neighbours so they can rescue him...you got the idea, you just have to know where to look at…”

I’ve stopped watching TV a long time ago and I don’t miss it all. When people ask me about my favourite TV show, I tell them “I ain’t got one. I haven’t watched TV in five years. I don’t watch news, soap operas, talk show or realities, etc. I’ve found that I have a lot more time to do other activities, like spending more time with my friends & loved ones.”

Astounded by my reply they go “Really? Not even the news? How do you know what’s going on in the world?”

If it’s worth knowing someone will tell me. I know what’s going on regardless if I watch TV or not. People will always talk. And do we really need so much negative news? I really like the idea of the above project.

“…Besides, energy flows where the attention goes...people don´t really need to read/watch so much negative news as they do. That is just something that they are conditioned to do. If you give them an option, an altervative, then they maybe, just maybe, start to direct their attention to elsewhere... The way I see it, majority of the things happening in the world are positive, negative just gets much more attention due the media...”

I wish Roberto and positivepress.tv & prensapositiva.tv, the best of luck with his venture. I might even break my no TV habit.

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment