paulo is here

Wednesday 2 September 2009

BUSINESS

Carlos and Gaby left this morning.

Gaby to Leon, Nicaragua and should will be back in one month. Carlos to Guatemala City and will be back in one week.

I’m on my own.

Not really. Doing the kitchen and cleaning up the rooms are 4 native Quek’Chi girls and building a tower there’s 3 workers.

But I’m the only one with the keys, so I guess I’m the only one in charge.

Carlos instructed me to buy fresh fruit and veg on Tuesdays & Saturdays, fish on Mondays & Fridays, and mozzarella cheese on Wednesdays.

He also warned that that when he last hired a Manager for the Finca, he would get lots of business propositions from random people.

“All you have to do is give us 800 dollars for the opportunity of a lifetime.” - they would say. All con artists, though.

How long will it take until I start getting such visits?

Jorge, one of the workers is teaching how to drive the boats; I’m getting good at this stuff, but I need to practice a lot more, thus, I invited some Finca guests to come with me on the boat to Aguas Calientes, a hot water spring.

img_9250

After a while we headed back to the finca but we got caught by a mid afternoon shower.

img_9266

When we got back to the Finca, Zuli, a kitchen girl ran up to me. “Paulo, there’s a gentleman on the reception. He wants to speak with the manager.”

I guess that’s me.

I walked up to the common area and sitting on the central bench studding a bunch of papers, was a short and chubby guy with greased up hair, wearing a grey summer suit. Everyone around here just wears a pair of shorts so he looked sooooooo out of place.

Seeing me, he smiled and held out his hand. “Hola, I’m Juan Flores. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I’ve got a business proposition for you, Don Paulo.”

Of course you do. Why wouldn’t you?

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment