paulo is here

Wednesday 18 February 2009

MIAMI BEACH

The last part of the trip was to take a bus totaling this journey to 3 long interesting hours.

Finally I arrive at Washington Avenue in Miami Beach.

Decided to get a T-Mobile SIM card so I could at least be able to contact my future CouchSurfing host, be reachable and what not.

With a new phone number set up I called my host Reuben, who informed that he was just a few blocks down having lunch with his flatmate Vicky.

Shortly afterwards I joined them at this Latin restaurant. Reuben had this genuine smile and interest in people that is so contagious. Vicky was also very friendly and I thought that these two new friends were fantastic.

After a short conversation and some food we went back to their flat. Nice and cozy flat with an amazing seafront view. From his balcony we could see Miami and all the seafront celebrity houses with their huge yachts moored up front. ‘We had the best seats in the house’ as one might say.

Unpacked my stuff and conversed a wee bit longer with Reuben and then decided to check out the beach. As I walked across the warm sand, feeling the cool breeze on my face, all I could think was “I’m here at last!

Ciao 4 now

~Paulo~

No comments:

Post a Comment