paulo is here

Wednesday 18 February 2009

EVERYONE WANTS A DOLLAR.

Landed in West Palm Beach Airport just after 8am and headed out to the exit to ask at the only visible taxi desk how much it would cost me to get to Miami Beach. Was quoted over 200 US Dollars, the weather was excellent (hot, hot hot!) and I wasn’t in any immediate rush, so decided to do what any proud hobo would do: Public transport.

Found out that a local bus to the nearest train station followed by a long train ride until Miami plus a second bus to was all I needed to reach my destination. Best part? It would cost me less than $8 total.

Easy peasy…or so I thought.
Fist bus arrived shortly so no much waiting. A few passengers were trying to get to their jobs and me to the nearest train station.
After a couple stops a Latin guy gets in the bus and asked very politely if anyone would like to purchase bottled waters or Gatorades. Water was $1, Gator $2. As no one was interested, he thanked the passengers and promptly exited the bus as some guy shouted “Everyone wants a dollar!” which got a few chuckles and so the bus moved on.
Soon was my turn to get off the bus and commence the second part of my ride.
Ciao 4 now
~Paulo~

No comments:

Post a Comment