paulo is here

Monday 9 February 2009

Hi & welcome to my blog!

My name is Paulo and I'm about to set foot on a Grande Adventure across Latin America.


This will be my journal, and its sole purpose will be to narrate my travels down the American Continent to all the beautiful people that, one way or another, came to be part of my life & to all relationships that I was blessed with throughout the years in Portugal, in England, in Spain and finally in The Netherlands.


Expect entries covering all different aspects of my travels:

from eating spicy burritos to Cesaria Evora latest songs,

from the best beach spot to the best margarita recipe,

from Bollywood movies to an afternoon on bus number 17,

from boat trips to yoga asanas,

from smoking apple flavoured shishas to stretching my spine with Alexander Technique,

from checking out the local market to chatting to my nieces on Skype,

from brewing trapist beer to missing my round bed,

from “pescando ilusões” to “taxistas poetas”,

from betting on cock fights to singing solo Karaoke,

from bondage parties to watching my fav sitcom,

from “tomando mate” to “encontar el Duende”,

from feet massage to fancy calligraphy,

from allowing others in My Reality to getting RSI if I don’t give myself a break right about now!



Also every now & again I will recap past anecdotes of my life for your reading pleasure, and, as I have a rather varied background, do expect entries in Portuguese, Spanish and by all means, English!


BRIEF TRAVEL BIO: Born in the gorgeous Portuguese Island of Madeira, moved to London in 1996, spent over 3 years in Spain between Madrid and Barcelona, less than a year in Amsterdam and just getting ready for my flight to America on the 17th Feb 2009.


How long will I be traveling?

Dunno. I suppose, for as long as I can stretch it! Obviously, it will depend on a hell lot of factors like the following:

Sun, Sea & beach: “Como eu sou de uma ilha do atlântico, preciso saber que aquele mar esta próximo de mim, preciso sentir e cheirar a marisia, senão…”

Food: “No puedo sin mi Paella de Domingo ni sin mi Pan tomaca! ¡A ver como lo montamos!”

Money & Job: As everyone will agree, an income is vital (any ideas?)!

And a hell lot more stuff that I can’t come up with right now.


To my *new* readers:

If by any chance we cross paths on the street, on the bus, in the beach, in the Salsa classes, be cool and say Hi.



Do fasten your seatbelts and enjoy!



~Paulo~



PS - Use the OPINIONS section bellow to add remarks, tips, ideas, questions, rants or just to wish me Good Luck!:

5 comments:

  1. Paulo! We spoke on the phone last Saturday. I sent you mail, but it bounced back, did I get the wrong address? Send again please. Here is information on US Roller Derby. If you make it to Seattle, look me up.
    http://www.ratcityrollergirls.com/

    -daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel!

    Good man!

    I didn't think I gave you my email address but here it is:

    mpaulom at gmail dot com

    BTW dude, clicked on your name to reply but it doesn't show your email or contact!

    Hope you had a good time on that saturday!

    Roller girls Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulo: claypatch at gmail dot com.

    -daniel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'm going to enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed your presence here in Amsterdam!

    If you want success in this trip, and everything that comes next you need to keep doing the very same thing all over again: be yourself!

    May the 'garra charrúa' be with you!!-haha.
    Abrazo.

    pd: Paulinha (la bici) queda en buenas manos! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola chico!!!

    I see you have fun and I really wish you even more great experience, interesting conversations and lots of people joining you on this trip to make it unforgetable!

    Had a great time with you in Miami.

    Take care :)
    Franci

    ReplyDelete