paulo is here

Wednesday 18 February 2009

JEWISH HATE

Upon arrival to the correct train platform, still in West Palm Beach, I sat down on a bench next to an elderly lady reading a novel.

Glancing over noticed that the book had Cyrillic characters therefore asked her if she her book was Russian. She replied “yes” and for the next hour she would narrate her story.

Of Jewish origin, she was forced to flee Moscow with her baby son in the early 80’s after being marked by an anti-Semitic group.

I was rather surprised by this statement because my understanding was that after the 2nd World War holocaust, Jewish people were no longer being chased and murdered but I stand corrected.

She was granted entry to the US 0f A. and aided by a huge Jewish community located somewhere in the north part of country.

2 Years ago, still hating Russia and loving America, she moved down to West Palm Beach just to be closer to her son, now an adult working man living in Miami.

Finally, she informed me that she will never return to Russia, let me know her name (Faina), left the train and wished me good luck on my travels.

Ciao 4 now

~Paulo~

No comments:

Post a Comment