paulo is here

Wednesday 1 April 2009

TAXI SHARE

Again today I woke up very early (hope I don’t have to do it too often!), took a shower and walked down to the Tuxtlas bus station.

Next destination: Villahermosa, Tabasco.

According to my itinerary I’d have to catch a bus to Acayucan then another one to Villahermosa. Hopped on a second class bus and 1h40m afterwards arrived at Acayucan bus station (49 Pesos). Asked for the ADO bus to Villahermosa but the Information desk informed me that the next bus would arrive in 2h30m so I’d be better off going to Coatzacoalcos (37 Pesos) and from Coatzacoalcos catch another bus to Villahermosa (80 Pesos).

This way I’d arrive at my destination faster and wouldn’t have to stand on the sun for so long. Decided to follow this reroute and managed to arrive at Villahermosa at circa 13h30.

Called my CS host Alan and after giving me directions to his house, jumped on a shared taxi (15 Pesos). The whole shared taxi concept is foreign to me as well many of my peers. The taxi picks you up and will briefly stop at certain points of the route and ask if anyone else is heading that way. If he picks up other passengers it means that everyone will share the full cost of the ride so you save some money.

I's like rideshare but with taxis and within the same town/city. Odd but useful. So far only seen this concept here in Tabasco County.

Ciao 4 now

~Paulo~


4 comments:

  1. Hehe, hay 'shared taxis' en Montevideo también...son camionetas en realidad, como las del 'Team A'.
    Se ve que la idea es latinoamericana. :P
    JAJA!
    Abrazo che, espero andes disfrutando a lo loco!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cómo se llevan esos dos meses de soledad? Te has conseguido acostumbrar a la vida nómada?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all entries in English, it is very intersting to read.

    Wish you luck and waiting for the next entries.

    Kristapas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo tambien quiero saber lo q pregunta noelius?????gordito rechonchon

    ReplyDelete