paulo is here

Monday 6 April 2009

(SUNDAY) DRINKING DAY

Everyone woke up today rather late.

After a quick breakfast, Alan and I, waked down to the beach, actually “walk down to the beach” ain’t the right term to use as we only had to walk for about 40 seconds to touch the water as the house was located on the beach itself. Anyways, quickly dressed down to my swimming trunks and jumped in the blue water of Progreso beach.

The water was so shallow so started walking into the ocean. Walked for at least 5 minutes and the water was still at knee level. I was dying for a proper swim so kept on walking. I guess I had to walk for 15 or so minutes into the sea to be fully covered with water.

Swam for a while then came back to the shore when Alan’s cousin Ana arrived with her girlfriends and a portable cooler full of beers.

Nothing better than more beer (“hair of the dog” as it’s commonly called in the trusted circle!) to cure any hangover.

Ana prepared me a couple of Micheladas, which is similar to a Bloody Mary but containing beer instead of vodka (Recipe: part beer part tomato juice with Worcestershire sauce, salt and lime). Ever so refreshing and tasty!

Never thought I would see a Worcestershire sauce based drink at this part of the world.

Back at the house, sat down where Alan’s parents and all the “parents and adults” were getting heavily hammered with all sorts of alcoholic drinks.

Got asked all sorts of questions about me, Portugal, Europe and my travels. Really cool and easy people to be with.

Someone offered me a vodka with coke, someone else a glass of Coco-fish, another cocktail with coconut water, gin, mint and sugar. Strong but very tasty beverage indeed.

I started to feel tipsy. Sunday seemed like a drinking day.

Ciao 4 now

~Paulo~

2 comments:

  1. As for me, since I work Wednesday thru Saturdays, Sundays are always a drinking day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D,

    U should have joined this lot! They'd be right up your alley!

    How tricks?

    Paulo

    ReplyDelete