paulo is here

Saturday 17 October 2009

CAMERAS

I can write and describe a scene taking place before my eyes all day long, but a photo, at times, explains it better than any fancy adjective. When I left Mexico, sometime in June, I went in a pawn shop and purchased a really cool photo camera, an Olympus Stylus 790 SW, shock proof AND water proof. I was delighted with my new toy.

Then, in my second week at the Finca Tatin, an accident happened. The camera stopped working, after getting into the river with its battery latch open. I tried to save the soaking wet toy by placing it in a dry area and by putting it in a bowl filled with rice, amongst other crazy suggestions. My attempts were futile because the battery charger decided to give up as well, just like that. No charger and no camera.

From that moment on, all the photos that I’ve been able to post here have been generously given by Finca Tatin guests and fellow travellers. Thank you all.

Until now that is. Today, I found a universal charger and decided to charge the dead battery up. Just in case.

Two hours after, I placed the battery in the camera and Eureka!, it worked. Although, the shutter ain’t closing and the zoom seems to blur everything, the fact that matters is that I have a camera for photo shooting my days once again.

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

No comments:

Post a Comment