paulo is here

Thursday 26 November 2009

DREAMS…

Over a month ago…

“Paulo boludo,” called Carlos, as I was leaving the Finca Tatin on a launch boat “do you want me to build a massage room for you?”

Surprised by such offer, I shrugged and waved him a hesitant adieu.

Don’t take me wrong. I enjoyed my time at the Finca Tatin. A lot. I met some amazing people. Amazing. I build some cool friendships. Moreover, I learned valuable lessons about launch boats, power generators and solar panels, house building and how to recycle a hell lot of stuff. I read many books and wrote many wee stories on my blog. This place was very inspirational and educational in every single imaginable way.

However, when I left this paradisiacal place, I wasn’t sure to come back. Maybe I’d resume my travels down the Latin continent. Maybe I’d settle down in Guatemala City for a while. Maybe I’d return to Europe. So many maybes. All those thoughts and doubts crossed my mind.

Then the massage course in L.A. (Lake Atitlan) happened. I knew that I was gonna like it but what I didn’t expect was to love it and be really good at it. My teacher told me to get a massage table ASAP and start giving back rubs right left and center.

Present time…

With the help of Maria and Ana, my Guatemalan friends, I bought a cool massage table, oil and sheets.

Been feeding my newly infatuation with lots of cool videos with techniques, tips and procedures from a fantastic massage therapist, MassageNerd.

And, unsurprisingly, I’m back at the Finca Tatin.

I’m glad to be back to something close to my heart, something familiar.

“The strongest instinct in human beings is not survival. Virginia Satir said something to me that has resonated with me for forty years. She asked, "What do you think is the strongest instinct?" Like a robot I responded, "Survival." She said, "No, Richard. The strongest instinct in human beings is the need to look at the familiar.” - wrote the NLP co-creator Richard Bandler in one of his books. I couldn’t agree more.

Also, the massage room is undergoing construction and should be finished soon. In the interim time, I’ve been massaging in some of the oddest places at the Finca:

  • At the main wooden dock,
  • in the heart of the jungle, next to a water spring (a fantastic and very relaxing spot. The sound of running water is ever sooooo soothing.),
  • and, on top of a floating platform in the middle of the river.

pb120091_3

pb120094_2 pb120095

pb120101_2pb120124pb120108     

pb120127_2

So, I’ve been performing massages for a while now. I still love it and see myself doing it for a very long time. Isn’t it funny how, if your dream is meant to be, you will always meet people that will help you find your way?

What is your dream?

Ciao 4 now

~ Paulo ~

8 comments:

  1. Hola xaval, menos mal q das señales de vida, estabas muy perdido,jejejeje
    Tio, yo quiero un masajito de esos, que fotos mas chulas en medio del riom q sitio mas xulo.
    una abraçada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya te digo... La Finca va mejorando día a día, ahora hasta masajes en medio del río, qué lujazo!!!!!!

    suerte en tu nueva aventura y un abrazo para todos por ahí!

    Ainara

    ReplyDelete
  3. PAULO!?!?!?!

    where are you?!

    I miss reading about your adventures.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder where are you now, mate...

    -noel

    ReplyDelete
  5. PAULITOOOOO!!!!!!!
    mi amigoooo, i have FINALLy found you!!
    i looked and looked for your blog but i couldnt find it:(
    but i did:D
    It will be almoust the day till i come!
    you had better be ther mister!
    love love
    Oria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulo. I feel as if fate has paved my path to you. I am a canadian registered massage therapist, with 2 yrs of college and 3 yrs experience. I may be only 23 but I take my profession very seriously. I am extreamly driven and passionate about massage. I was born to do this. I just got back from touring Guatemala and Belize, and am now learning spanish so I can get back to Central/ South america so i can work, explore, absorb...
    Paulo you are living my dream, and I think you may be the one to help me live mine. Please, contact me, jolenelot18@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. massagefizzical.lorenzo@gmail.com
      Contact me

      Delete
  7. Hola Paulo. Wow what a way to travel, its amazing. I've been a massage therapist for 10 years living in Montreal Canada and loving it. I worked as a massage therapist on cruise ships for 3 years and decided to make it on my own in Canada. I was also thinking about travelling with my massage table and give massages along the way in central and south america.
    Where are you located now? If ever you're in this part of the world it would be awesome to meet and exchange our experiences.
    Amistad sincero
    Francois

    ReplyDelete